A Blog for the Logical-Minded

A Potpourri of Politics, Religion, Science, Skepticism and Social Commentary

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions."
- Thomas Jefferson

"The religion of one age is the literary entertainment of the next."
- Ralph Waldo Emerso
n

"The Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we CAN suppose."
- J. B. S. Haldane

________________________________________________________________

If you enjoy the postings, be sure to visit the archive

________________________________________________________________


Monday, December 24, 2007

Institute for Creation Research in San Diego

It was with great delight that I discovered a relatively nearby destination, the Institute for Creation Research, and its Museum of Creation and Earth History.

I am fascinated by the absurdity of religious fundamentalism, and respectful of the capacity of science to discover the underlying truths in the universe.  As long as the Creationists aren't trying to force this affront to science into the public education system, I can enjoy a stroll through Fantasyland without feeling guilty.

I have yet to visit this museum, but it has become my new #1 destination in Southern California.  I'll provide a full report once I've been there.

No comments: